Only American Parts grants you permission to view and use this Site and to print individual pages from this Site for your own personal, noncommercial use, provided that you agree to and accept without modification the notices, terms and conditions set forth herein. You may not modify, copy (except as set forth in the preceding sentence), distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information, material, software, products or services from this Site.
Why we collect & use information
We at Only American Parts understand that you entrust your data to us. We value that trust. Our collection and use of customer data is guided by our corporate principle of Customers First and subject to our Responsible Information Management program.
We may use the information we collect for the following primary reasons:
(1) Product & Service Fulfillment (FUL)
(2) Marketing, Promotions & Advertising (ADV)
(3) Internal Operations (OPS)
(4) Fraud Prevention, Security & Compliance (SEC)
(5) Credit Card & Banking (CRD)
We may combine information collected from different sources (see section on How We Share Your Information). Below is a summary of some of the ways we collect and use information:
1. Product & Service Fulfillment (FUL)
- To complete, fulfill, manage, and communicate with you about transactions;
- To establish and service your online profile on one of our websites or mobile applications;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product or shipping information;
- To provide personal services such as MyClient (clienteling) or Gift Registry; and
- To administer loyalty programs (To manage subscription services, including order management, billing and reordering products, and communicating with you about your subscription.
- Marketing, Promotions & Advertising(ADV)
- To deliver information about our products, services, and promotions (e.g., personalized offers delivered to your home, email, third-party sites or applications, and mobile devices);
- To provide interactive features on our websites and mobile applications (e.g., product ratings and reviews, real-time offers, and location-based services such as store maps);
- To identify product preferences and shopping preferences (e.g., services and promotions of possible interest); and
- To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, surveys, and focus groups.
- Internal Operations(OPS)
- To improve the effectiveness of our websites, stores, mobile applications, merchandise assortment, and customer service;
- To conduct research and analytics related to our operations; and
- To perform other logistics and operation activities as needed.
- Fraud Prevention, Security and Compliance(SEC)
- To protect our assets and prevent fraudulent transactions;
- To validate credentials and authenticate customers when logging into your online profile, applications, or transacting in store;
- To protect the security and integrity of our Services and our data; and
- To assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries.
- Credit Card & Banking(CRD)
- To process your payments and address your order inquiries and requests;
- To offer you additional products or services that may be of interest.
The rest of this Notice refers to the collection and use of the codes above (FUL; ADV; OPS; SEC; CRD). This is so you can better understand why we collect and use different types of information in accordance with our privacy practices and our Responsible Information Management program.
Types of information we collect
Only American Parts collects certain information from you and about you. This may include:
- Identifying Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): We collect this information when you create a profile, place an order, create a registry or take advantage of other programs online or in store, or contact us through the “Live Chat” feature on our site. For example: Name, Address (billing and shipping), Zip code, email address, Telephone number(s), Cellular phone number(s), Credit card number(s), Birth date, and Security question answers.
- Payment Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC, CRD): We collect this information when you make in-store or online purchases. For example, your credit card number and billing address.
- Information You Post (ADV, OPS): We collect this information when you post in a public space on our site. For example, our Ratings & Reviews feature.
- Event Information (ADV, OPS): We collect this information when you sign-up for our events. For example, contact information and mailing address.
- Demographic Information (ADV, OPS): We collect this information when you participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey. For example, your age, gender and zip code.
- Driver’s License Information (FUL, OPS, SEC): We collect your driver’s license information to the extent permitted by applicable law. For example, we may collect driver’s license through our Buy Online Pickup In-Store (BOPS) program.
- Device Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): We collect this information when you visit our website or apps. For example, the type of device you use to access our platforms, your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): We collect this information about your location when your device is set to provide location information. This may include your in-store location. For more information, see Our Use Of Information Technologies section below.
- Commercial Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): We collect this information when you make a purchase or create a gift registry. For example, details about the products or services purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other Network Activity Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): We collect this information when you visit our website, use our mobile applications, shop in our stores, or interact with our wireless services and other technologies, this information is either automatically collected or is customer-initiated. For example, your browsing history, search history and other information regarding your interactions with our Platforms or advertisements. For more information, see Our Use Of Information Technologies section below.
- Other Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we may look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. If you visit our stores, we may capture pictures, video footage, or use facial recognition software for security and fraud detection purposes. When you call our customer service team, we record calls for quality assurance and operational optimization purposes.
What Are Cookies?
- A Cookie is a small piece of computer code sent by a website and stored on the hard disk of your computer. A pixel tag (also known as a tracking pixel, web beacon, or clear GIF) is an embedded image on a website that may register a user’s website activity. A Flash Cookie (also known as a Local Shared Object) is a data file stored on your computer by the websites that you visit. Flash Cookies provide similar functionality as Cookies, but are based on different technology, provide richer data collections, and are persistent; they do not go away when you exit your browser and generally cannot be deleted through your browser option tools.
- Our online services use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only exist while your browser is open. We use session cookies for website functionality, such as managing items added to your shopping cart. Persistent cookies are not removed when you exit your web browser. We use persistent cookies to enable an easier log-in process, provide you with a more personalized shopping experience, and help you navigate our website more efficiently. We also use persistent cookies to show you the items you have previously browsed. We may use flash cookie on our online services to enable or control flash-based content.
How To Manage Your Cookie Preferences
To optimize your online experience, we use different types of cookies. We categorize these cookies into the following types:
- Marketing cookies
- Operational cookies
- Essential cookies
- Third party cookies